Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
If you are looking for cars for sale in Nigeria, you may have to choose: buy a new or used car. The decision ultimately depends on how much you can spend to get a good night’s sleep.
People with a limited budget should go in search of a cheap used cars near me, as it is obviously much cheaper than a new one. You can get a car for 2 or 3 years at almost half the price of a new one. Also, you never know, you can really hit a used car. A used car costs less because it is a used product, so it carries some risks that can cost you throughout the life cycle of the car. The fact is that: when you buy a used car, you really do not know how it was driven and repaired by its former owners. Therefore, buying a used car requires additional maintenance costs, which are not usually covered by the warranty.
Buying a new car
There are people who buy unused cars for sale in Nigeria. They take pride in having a car and are pleased that they are the first owners of it.
Some other benefits of using an unused vehicle are the following:
- Lower maintenance costs: a first-hand vehicle does not require significant maintenance during the first thousands of kilometers. All they need is an oil change and tuning, which are usually covered by car manufacturers. During the first years, the new car does not require a new battery, tires, brakes or exhaust systems.
- Warranty Car manufacturers often offer a warranty of three years or more, according to which the manufacturer or the seller is required to repair everything that fails in the car.
- Peace of mind: the warranty that comes with a used car gives you the right of replacement if a vehicle has a manufacturing defect. Lemon car laws apply to all unused cars.
- Roadside assistance: cars use the free roadside service for the first time during the warranty period. Some car manufacturers also make up for it or provide an alternative vehicle to take it to its destination.
Buying a used car
If you can not buy a new car, you can always choose a used one that has its advantages:
- More reliable: although used cars do not include warranties as not used, the warranty provided by the manufacturer in an unused car can be transferred to the second owner. If you buy used cars from authorized dealers, you can get a balance on the actual warranty.
- Like new: the development of certified second-hand programs facilitates the purchase of used cars. Luxury brands such as Mercedes-Benz and Lexus, began this trend and became very popular.
Buying new or old cars has its advantages and disadvantages. You, as the buyer, should see which one works best for you.