When do you need to have a certified translation? Find out here

Ad Blocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

certified translation

In general, certified translations are needed for legal paperwork like documents that are used in court during hearings as well as trials that also includes the written essay of the evidence and the trial transcript that is in another foreign language that is needed to be translated to be either English or language that is primarily used by the locals.

As long as the document should be submitted to the government or a legal body, the translations should always be certified to ensure that there are no grammatical or translation errors that might affect the entire meaning and the message that the document wished to be sent to those who read it.

Certified translations are required when you want to apply for a temporary visitor’s permit or maybe as part of a requirement for migrating to a foreign country, which determines in this case that all documents that you are required to submit are already written in another language that should be translated into the country’s official language that you have applied to migrate and all the translation should be certified, but the primary function of this is to translate legal document.

For example, in the United States, the immigration bureau requires all the documents that you are required to submit which are not written in English to be translated and should be certified, but passports are exempted. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services strictly requires all the documents to be translated in full which includes everything that appears on each of the pages of the document.

translate legal document

The translation should also match the visual appearance of the submitted original document which includes the placement of the stamps, the signatures, and also the seals of the document.

If the certified translation is to be submitted directly towards the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services in the United States, there is no required certified translation neither notarization, but if you submitted the certified translations to a United States consulate or embassy in a foreign land, it is required to be notarized otherwise.

If you wish to apply to a foreign college or university, it is also a requirement that all your transcripts and your diplomas and other needed documents that are relevant to your education back in your home country should always be translated and should be certified.

Certified translation is not required when the personal documents that would not be submitted for legal proceedings like telegrams, letters, or journals. This is not required to be translated or certified at all.

There are particular situations that are required to have a certified translation like in court proceedings, documentation for educational establishments and other government agencies, but commonly certified translation is often used for immigration documents regardless if it is for temporary or for permanent stay of the applicant considering that these documents are quite large pieces of paperwork, it is also possible to have an abridged version of it that should be always submitted with an already certified translation to it as many countries around the world always insist that any commercial certificates and licenses require that the needed documents written in foreign language should always be certified and translated.